Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Ex-Coach Osnabrück Wollitz shocked



Dusseldorf --
The biggest betting scandal in soccer history: Osnabrück coach Claus-Dieter Wollitz shocked reaction to the alleged tampering with his former club.
"I am saddened, not only, but devastated. Hurts me so," he said in the Channel "Sky". "I am totally finished, that the club is called, where I was working five years. It is not confirmed, but the club is called." For him, the defeat of his current club Energie Cottbus v Fortuna Dusseldorf was only incidental.
Osnabrück were last summer Wollitz from the 2nd Football League relegated. The coach then moved to Premiership football relegated Energie Cottbus.
He had already learned of the allegations on Thursday, said the 44-year-old in front of the 1:2 defeat of his team in Dusseldorf. "I have tried to hide it, I could not. I have not slept all night because we go through every single scene."
After the 0:3 of Osnabrück on 17 April at the FC Augsburg he had apologized for the performance of his former team. Also the 0:2 in Nuremberg on 13 May it had been named in a media report as a suspicious lot.
Faced with media reports that should have gotten three of his former players in Osnabrück, the subject of investigations, Wollitz said: "I do not believe it. I would not want this to be true, because it breaks down for me a world."
Should he have been deceived by his players, he does not know what was happening to him. "Then I need to have support, then I need much help," said Wollitz deeply affected.
Wollitz said he had kept the manipulation scandal involving Robert Hoyzer for a single case and stressed that he was always honest and open. Now, credibility and honesty were lost. His family moved to live in Osnabrück and will remain cursed. After the descent it was even threatened. He hoped that the people now apologized for it. Suspicions have a bitter taste for all concerned. "I hope that there is not true," said Wollitz and thought about the allegations: "` This is for me the worst. "
Energy-President Ulrich Lepsch expressed understanding for the reaction of the trainer. "It is difficult for us. Pele's very emotional. He lives football and with all their heart there," said club boss.
Also of interest
Mafia manipulated more than 200 games